Saturday, September 12, 2009

Journey to the land of no bytes

I am scribbling this letter on a parchment using blood as my ink, intertwined hair and my chewed off nail as the tip of my crude quill. I may not last this night for i am stranded for 1 moon cycle in this byte forsaken land, a land with no mystical energies that would enable me to command my troops in evony.

Alas, i bleed myself to keep writing this last entry before the last ounce of sanity escapes my failing hold. I shall recount every single detail of that fateful day...


I never thought that my royal chariot would be thrown into chaos by a infuriated nomadic gypsy, which was bathed in mud and grime as my chariot galloped by.

It was a mere accident, i commanded my men to stop and let me down to apologize to the poor woman, and invite her to my castle. But, my royal adviser hindered me from alighting my chariot. It might be a trap, he said.

Oh, how i wish that it was and my life was taken on that very moment than to stay a prisoner here in this accursed land with no bytes. I took the advise and nimbly took a bag of gold and wax sealed it with my royal seal and handed it over to my adviser with the instructions that he should give it to the gypsy with my sincerest apologies.

It happened in a twinkling of an eye, the ground shook and my chariot was tossed and tumbled in the air. Suddenly a loud crash and i lost my consciousness, when i came to my adviser was beside me kneeling and begging for forgiveness. I was so dazed that i could not clearly understand what the fool was muttering. All i was able to understand was gypsy...gold bag...only bronze coin...

The blasted imbecile chose to give in to greed than to obey my command, my draconian blood was unleashed and a black scaly bristling claw grasped his neck, snapped it like a twig. Wrath still unabated, mystical black flame engulfed his head which ate his skin, flesh and bones till nothing was left, only then did the flame died out.

Then a rift opened before the stubs of wood that was once my royal chariot, amidst the chaos a blinding light ushered in a goddess of the forest who revealed that she was the gypsy and has found me not guilty. But as a punishment i was to be trapped in this void for a year, i was adamant that i could not leave my kingdom alone for an hour lest for a year! it was preposterous.

Before i could air my protest, she went back into rift and sealed it as she left. My eyes are now weary and my vision is hazy, because of the blood loss? or because of the sheer exhaustion and hunger...how many days has it been since the water has touched my parched lips and trickled down my scorched throat....

As my hand trails off and fell into a deep slumber of despair...as i opened my eyes i can feel the cool breeze and the scent of the forest...i thought that it was another illusion a dream cursed by this foul land, but it was really the forest of my kingdom.

I stumbled wearily into the gates of my kingdom, as i fell into the arms of my queen i asked what day it was, it was only a day has passed. Although it seemed like an eternity to me...having heard that i fell into a deep and peaceful slumber.

I was back in my kingdom and i nimbly opened the enchanted mirror, i saw the overview of my kingdom again my people and the greetings of my fellow allies on the lower part of the mirror greeting me back to the land of evony...

2 comments:

  1. ur weird.....-gypsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahhah,
    ah, such wild imaginations you got there, Rongyuen.
    you have entertained well the Lady for your stories and tales.

    _Lady Arabella_

    ReplyDelete